Monday 5 March 2012

Two and a half weeks.

It is only 2 1/2 weeks until we go away on our BIG holiday.  This is something we have wanted to do with the children since before we had them!  13 years ago we had a three week holiday to Florida, staying one week with friends in a villa in Orlando, another week driving down to Key West and then flying back to Orlando for another week with our friends. We knew it was not the sort of holiday we would be able to do over and over again and so we have been patiently waiting for the funds and for the children to get old enough to really enjoy it.  After such a horrible year as we had last year with all it's upsets we decided in August the time had finally come.  We managed to keep it a secret from the children until Christmas day when we set them a treasure hunt which culminated in them finding two suitcases (suitably wrapped up in Christmas paper) under the stairs.  All of a sudden all that waiting is finally going to end.  All the major planning is done, I have done a little holiday clothes shopping as the weather is going to be sooooo much warmer than it is here.  I still need to try and find a good place for us to go to church - if anyone has any suggestions please shout up.

In the meantime, there are work bits that I need to get completed.  Being away for Easter is going to feel very strange, however I am sure work will survive without me.  And I will continue to try and look at the everyday things in my life and count my blessings.


720. Inspiring friends.
721. Family film weekends.
722. Talks about puberty.
723. Tidier children's rooms.
724. A clean kitchen floor.
725. Freshly baked rolls - enough for a week of lunches.
726. Hugs and kisses from my big little boy.
727. A thank you smile.
728. Watching my big little girl play with her guinea pig.
729.  Daffodils in the garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment