Monday 2 January 2012

Looking Backwards and Forwards.


There is nothing like counting your blessings, especially when you start to feel as though nothing good happens.  It has been great spending the Christmas break thinking of all the things that I have learnt or done over the last 12 months.  I know I usually count my blessings by counting the everyday things that happen in life, however today I feel that I need to consider some of the bigger things to.

680.  Learning how to crochet.
681.  Taking a solo trip to meet a new friend in Boston, USA.
682.  Having a fabulous family holiday with the four of us.
683.  Finally getting all the rooms in the house decorated and made by us.
684.  Learning how to say no to significant people.
685.  Learning how to put my children and husband first.
686.  Keeping my job going through very rough times.
687.  Learning how to say yes when help is offered.
688.  Finding new books and resources that have helped me stay close to God.
689.  Sticking with a craft project for months and months (and still continuing) knowing that it will be so worth it in the end.

Chatting with a friend the other day, also made me realise that I am starting 2012 in a very different place to where I started 2011.  It has certainly been a year of challenges but also a year of growth.  I can look forward to 2012 with great anticipation of what new things I will learn, and what skills I might develop.

I have no idea at the moment what shape the next 12 months will take on, but I do know that
"I can do all things through Him who strengthen me"  Philippians 4:13.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever 2012 brings you have Him, your lovely family and your friends along for the ride xxxx

    ReplyDelete