Friday 13 November 2009

When Fellowship becomes broken.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6



As I alluded to yesterday in this post my life is a very windy (as in winding a clock not as in having excess gas to get rid of!) road at the moment. I am praying for God to make my paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6). Now I do know that this is not going to happen without some hard work by myself. I am also aware that I do not have a lot of energy at the moment, but I do have some time (will be able to explain that by this time next week I hope).





This morning while reading Scripture Unions Word Live notes I was really struck by the following:








It is very easy to disrupt the beauty of fellowship. Here’s a list of some ways to do it:


● gossip


● insensitivity


● negative criticism


● jealousy


● backbiting


● an unforgiving spirit


● a ‘root of bitterness’ (Hebrews 12:15)


● failure to appreciate others


● self-preoccupation


● greed


● selfishness





(Adapted from Bruce Milne, The Message of John, BST; IVP, 1993)





Reading through this list I can see points that I do (or have) as well as plenty that I have done to me. Now the only way I feel I can deal with the circumstances of people doing the above stuff to me is by withdrawing away from them, that I have tried to do already. But I am making a commitment today to make beautiful fellowship a priority in my life again, I shall try and do it by repeatedly bringing it in prayer to God as well as regularly looking back on this post to try and improve in the areas that I need to.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sentiments we ALL need to put into practice. Thank you for the reminder, dear Jane.

    Much love XO

    PS I dreamed that I went to the UK and was able to meet with YOU there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh Susanne, I hope that was a good dream!

    ReplyDelete