Tuesday 9 June 2009

Watching the butterfly emerging.

I have just had a lovely weekend with my parents and our new extended family. We are no longer 4 but 5. I am not making a big official announcement just yet but am planning to do so very soon.

The picture above is my mum having her first paddle of the year in the sea. Our lives have been in complete turmoil for the last 7 months since my little sister died aged 36. My mum has had to deal with the returning grief she felt when her mum died when she was 6 years old, as well as her new grief of losing her youngest child and becoming completely responsible with my dad for their 12 year old granddaughter.

The result of all this has been a very steep dive into a terrible depression. She was almost sectioned at one point becoming a severe danger to herself. When I took this photo though I could almost see the wings starting to unfold on her back. I do so hope and pray that she is coming out of this depression. I know she will never be quite the same ever again but I am so grateful I still have her physically in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment