Friday 30 January 2009

Making Lemonade




I thought having to confess to doing something silly yesterday was enough. I don't easily say sorry and admit that I am wrong - why would anyone want to do that?? (that is a joke - I do realise that I really should want and be able to do this far better than I do!). But last night reading Ko's blog, shone a light on yet another very silly experience.

Maybe I have led a sheltered life, maybe I am just not cultured enough - but I have never heard the Joan Collins saying "when life throws you a lemon, make lemonade". A very kind reader of my blog who I do not know left me a comment some weeks back. All the comment said was "make lemonade". Because I am not trusting enough to allow comments to be left on my blog without moderating them first, I came across this one and just thought "Huh?". Deciding that maybe someone had 1/2 deleted their comment or else done some other unintentional mistake I decided not to publish the comment and deleted it instead.

I then read Ko's blog yesterday and thought "Ahhhh!!!!". What a fabulous expression. I realise that my blog has been a bit of a depressing read, but, I am not apologising for that, I just needed to get some stuff out of my head. But what I would say is that I hope folks don't think that I haven't been making lemonade! I have mused some more on this today and realise that on the whole I have had a reasonably constant flow of lemonade, though, there have been times when I have started to drown in my lemons and even times when I have ended up throwing some back!

However, thankfully these times have been few and I am very grateful for the lemonade making opportunities I have had in a strange kind of way. They have helped me to be the person that I am and I know for certain there are still plenty of bottles that need filling in my life still.

Another favourite saying on the 1/2 full side of life, is one I received at the end of last year for my birthday


When it rains look for rainbows and when it is dark look for stars. I am an avid star gazer!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you have got to YOUR age without hearing that expression! :o)

    ReplyDelete